Ok, it's not the Bellagio...

But it is a nice addition to the back patio! When you have a small patio in a town home or condo, it's nice to have a little fountain to help ease the stress of the day away while you sit back with a cocktail. I went out looking for a little something that wasn't fairies or bullfrogs that I could put out on the patio. Everything was either too big, made of lousy acryllic, or just plain ugly. After thinking about it I said I can do this! I rustled up some copper pipe and my handy dandy soldering kit. I went to the local hardware store and picked up some glass flowers for light fixtures, and went to work. I have a junk box that keep all sorts of miscelaneous junk in. This time I had a sheet of copper that I traced a leaf from the tree in the front yard on, and cut out for my flower leaves. I then stripped some old speaker wire for the copper wire inside to use as the stems to wrap and affix to the copper pipe. I had to purchase a pump and a bucket, but if you keep an eye out for the good deals you might get lucky. I found this bucket on sale from $40 on clearance for $5! All those days of playing in the sand box and building fountains when I was a kid was going to pay off. When all was said and done, it cost $100 but the pump was almost $70 of that. This fountain will, as it ages, patina into a nice green for the flower sterms and petals, with the glass staying as it is. It even looks better at night because I put little votives in the dry flowers for a fantastic centerpiece for my little corner of paradise.

Train Parts Diagram

Train Parts Diagram
All these parts were Recycled.